- This event has passed.
42nd Annual Conference
July 18, 2017 - July 21, 2017
NAHN 42 Annual Conference – July 18-21, 2017 Phoenix, AZ
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, January 20th
The 42nd National Association of Hispanic Nurses® (NAHN) is pleased to announce the 2017 conference theme and call for presentation abstracts. This year’s theme will be Transforming Health Care in Latino Communities: Bridging Disparities and Ending Inequities.
Nurses, physicians, nurse educators, researchers, clinicians, case managers, healthcare innovators and students. NAHN welcomes your innovation, knowledge, expertise, research, challenges and successes. This year, we boldly address timely issues surrounding the transformation of Latino healthcare to bridge disparities and end inequities. The 2017 NAHN Annual Conference in Phoenix is shaping up to be the best conference yet with exciting activities and rich content. Join us! Be immersed in our diverse culture and experience all there is to offer at NAHN 2017.
Conference Tracks:The conference is planned around four tracks:
- Track 1 Research/Scholarship
- Track 2 Clinical Practice
- Track 3 Leadership
- Track 4 Education
Conference Learning Objectives are to:
- Describe evidence based research on healthcare issues that are transforming the inequities and disparities among the Hispanic population and the impact on health care outcomes and the healthcare system.
- Identify evidence based practices that will transform healthcare practices of Hispanics by providing culturally congruent health care in all health care settings to decrease disparities and inequities.
- Recognize the value of education to transform health care delivery for students, patients, nurses, and leaders to improve health care, optimize health care outcomes.
- Promote professional leadership that transforms the image of Latino nurses which incorporates visibility, personal career goals, mentorship, and networking and impacts health care at local, state, regional, and national levels.